Focusing as a strategy cornestone
1. Northern conditions
We are the only tyre manufacturer in the world focusing on customer needs and products specific to northern conditions. We market our products in regions where there are snow, forests and demanding driving conditions caused by changing seasons.
2. Narrow product segments
Our special expertise in northern conditions creates added value for our customers. We utilise our special competence in narrow product segments like passenger car winter tyres and forestry tyres. Our other main products include light truck and SUV tyres, winter tyres for trucks as well as harbour and mining machinery tyres.
3. Replacement markets
All our Nokian-branded passenger car tyres and approximately 60% of our heavy tyres are sold in replacement markets through special tyre outlets, car dealers and other companies engaged in the tyre trade.
4. Efficient distribution
The Vianor chain is spearheading the growth of our company. Direct contact with the consumer gives us valuable information about the wishes and needs of endusers. Efficient distribution ensures a successful season and the management of possible risks. We want the users of our products and services to be the most satisfied customers in the world.
Nokian Tyres’ focus strategy is supported by:
Investments in product development, production, distribution and logistics
Product development is guided by a philosophy of sustainable safety, which entails the continued renewal of the product range with the objective of always being able to provide customers with value-added innovations.
Own production concentrates on high-margin core products.
New products should represent at least 25% of net sales annually.
Consistent investment in continued improvement of quality, productivity and logistics.
Investments in new production capacity according to the company’s growth objectives and the development of the market.
Distribution is developed by expanding the Vianor network and streamlining the processes.
Open and participatory corporate culture
A basic factor behind Nokian Tyres’ success is the continuous process of personnel development, which
is supported by an open and participatory corporate culture. The corporate culture aims to create a highly
motivated working community that promotes the success of individuals and the company.
Nokian Tyres’ success factors – unique recipe
- Focus on expertise in Northern conditions
- Own specialised R & D and unique winter tyre testing programme
- Focus on replacement markets, growing market areas and growing product segments
- Share of value added products more than 90% of own production and sales
- Production of core products in own state-of-the-art factories
- Rapidly renewing product range and innovative products
- Car winter tyre range most extensive in the world
- Skilled personnel and Hakkapeliitta culture
- Strong reputation and brand
- Own strong distribution channel in key markets
- Efficient logistics and seasonal management
- Direct contact with end users
- Special know-how in Russian and CIS markets